With lockdown and isolation, people have spent more time at home, and many are looking to make improvements which will not only add value to the property, but also make it more comfortable. From interior design to upgrading the fixtures and fittings, there are plenty of ways to do this, however research shows a new bathroom can add between 4-5% to the value of your home.
Intrigued to find out which bathroom trends will be the most popular in 2022, experts at Showerstoyou.co.uk scraped Pinterest to discover the bathroom trends people are taking inspiration from the most, by analysing the number of pins for each style – and it seems that the classic white bathroom remains the most popular of all.
Showerstoyou.co.uk can reveal that the most pinned bathroom trend on Pinterest is White Bathrooms. This trend has an astounding 153,071 total pins across 801 boards. The design style is characterised by the clean, simplicity of white features.
Top 10 Bathroom Trends On Pinterest:
|Rank||Bathroom Trend||Total Pins On Pinterest|
|#5||Old And New Bathrooms||55,938|
|#8||Black Accents Bathrooms||47,130|
In second place is Marble Bathrooms with 145,765 total pins on Pinterest and 970 boards. A pretty and timeless choice for any bathroom, which explains its popularity.
Third is Industrial Bathrooms which comprises stripped back architectural details including the use of bare bricks, metals, and wood, as well as salvaged and recycled materials. This trend has 139,235 total pins across 873 boards.In fourth position is Wallpaper Bathrooms with 86,472 total pins and 1,000 boards. This trend sees bold and colourful prints make bathrooms stand out for their form rather than just their function.In fifth position is Old and New Bathrooms (55,938 total pins and 718 boards) that encompasses the character of older and quirky features, with the sleek and clean modern look.
Spokesperson for Showertoyou.com, Darren Smith, shares his top tips to plan for your bathroom renovation:
- Ensure that you set a budget– Total cost is usually upwards of £3,000 but will vary depending on the size and finish of the bathroom. The most expensive cost for fitting a bathroom is normally the labour, so get quotes early on, and make sure everything is included. Going to a specialist may seem expensive compared to a DIY store, but usually when fitting is included, the prices are similar and a specialist will be able to deliver an overall ‘look and feel’ that you won’t necessarily get from a ‘fit only’ service.
- Create a layout– Plot the layout of your current bathroom, including sanitaryware, windows, doors, pipework, and radiators. Then note down aspects that you want to change or keep the same – and again, take advice from a bathroom specialist to make sure it will work.
- Remodeling when renovating– This means more work but gives you the chance to change and bring together separate elements. Such as, a separate WC and bathroom or removing a boiler or water tank.
- Pick your sanitaryware early on– It is important that your electrician and plumber know where the pipework and electrics will need to go at each design stage. This will avoid any work needing to be redone.
- Experts at Showerstoyou.co.uk were intrigued to find out the most popular bathroom trends of 2022 by scraping the number of pins currently on the Pinterest platform.
- Showerstoyou.co.uk collated a seed list of the top 15 interior design trends from multiple sources including: Woman&Home, Homebuilding&Renovating, and Sidler.
- The operator ‘[trend] bathrooms’ was inputted into Pinterest and a manual inspection of boards was carried out to ensure all terms were related to interior trends only.
- Pinterest was scraped for the number of boards and pins for each design trend, and each trend was ranked by total number of pins.
- All data is correct as of 21/12/21, but is subject to change.